Another BP Podcast is up. You can listen on Libsyn, Apple, Spotify, and Stitcher (and a variety of other platforms). Probably the easiest way to keep up the podcast since we don’t have a regular schedule is to subscribe to one of the links above!
We start a series of podcasts on the history of the Indian sub-continent. The series, in the spirit of all things Brown Pundits, will have unconventional yet authoritative voices. The aim of the series is to have a point of view(s) unencumbered by the baggage of ideology. We will shed light on the obscure aspects and cover the more popular narratives without the pressures of political correctness.
The publication of each episode will be accompanied by a list of books and references that the speakers have quoted in the episode.
In the first episode, Maneesh Taneja is in conversation with Dr. Omar Ali, Shrikanth Krishnamachary, and Gaurav Lele. We take 30,000 feet view of the history of the sub-continent. Our panel talks about, among other things, the early Indians, what holds 3000 years of uninterrupted civilization together, the origins of popular Indian dishes namely Idli & Dosa, and discover the links between Bharat Muni’s Natya Shastra and Dev Anand.
We look forward to your comments and hope you will point out errors and seek attribution, if we have missed any, from our speakers. Let the love and brickbats flow…
Dr Omar Ali (Twitter handle- @omarali50), Shrikanth Krishnamachary (Twitter handle- @shrikanth_krish) and Gaurav Lele (Twitter handle- @gaurav_lele) in conversation with Maneesh Taneja (Twitter handle- @maneesht).
Books, Papers and Authors:
- The Wonder That was India: A L Basham. https://t.co/cBnkqW85Tb
- India After Gandhi: Ramchandra Guha. https://bit.ly/31QlMjM
- Manusmriti. https://bit.ly/3oMhen0 https://t.co/A4McryEBLC
- Vedas. https://bit.ly/3E0mQPf
- Upanishads. https://bit.ly/3pWhL5w
- Sangam Literature. https://bit.ly/3GBrBjH
- Mansara. https://bit.ly/3EQW9NQ
- Natya Shastra: Bharat Muni. https://bit.ly/31XTzac
- Sangita Ratnakar: Sarngadeva. https://bit.ly/31X5C80
- Manasollasa: Someshvara III https://bit.ly/31KVj7k
- Yoga Sutras: Patanjali. https://bit.ly/31JFzS3
- Varahamihara. https://bit.ly/3GFsRlM
- Vageesh Narsimhan: https://t.co/YH2wP8pJuv https://t.co/b7JEQV6PXn
- Manasa Taramgini: https://t.co/05EvNfjO3F https://t.co/Q5yt809VF2
- Prof. Vinay Lal. https://bit.ly/3GG9edF
- Michael Witzel. http://michaelwitzel.org/
- Michel Danino. https://bit.ly/3yhJIZ0