Another Browncast is up. You can listen on Libsyn, Apple, Spotify, and Stitcher (and a variety of other platforms). Probably the easiest way to keep up the podcast since we don’t have a regular schedule is to subscribe to one of the links above!
The history podcast returns to South India. Shrikanth and Mukunda are in conversation with Maneesh, on all things South of Vindhyas from 500-1000 AD. We talk about Chalukyas, Pallavas, Rashtrakutas, Cholas and more. The episode covers the political and cultural history of the period in great detail. A pivotal figure in sub-continents history- Shankaracharya makes and appearance. As do some of the landmark temples and king’s whose legacy survives to this day.
@shrikanth_krish @raghman36 @maneesht
Sources and References:
- A History of South India – KA Nilakanta Sastri
- South Indian Inscriptions – Archeological survey of India
- Studies in Chola history and administration – KA Nilakanta Sastri
- Introduction to Madhaviya Shankara Vijaya – Swami Tapasyananda of RK Mission
- The Dancing Siva in Early South Indian Art – Douglas Barrett (paper)
- Pallavas and Chalukyas – Coopetition in Stone – Gurpreet Chopra and Bharath
- Nalayira Divya Prabandham : https://ramanuja.org/sv/prabandham/prabandham.html
- Essay on Advaita Vedanta of Shankara : https://iep.utm.edu/advaita-vedanta/
- Essay on Ramanuja and Vishishtadvaita : https://iep.utm.edu/ramanuja/